Learn to defend yourself! The Women's Self-Defense Seminars are designed to teach physical and psychological self-defense skills to women and transgender folks of all skill levels and backgrounds.
The Women Self-Defense Seminar is perfect for mothers and daughters, teenagers, young ladies heading off to college soon, and any female (for ages 12 & up) who would like to feel more confident in recognizing, avoiding, and defending against violent attacks.
- How to escape from grabs and chokes
- How to block and strike powerfully
- How to set—and keep—boundaries
- How to stand your ground
- How to use pressure points to safely dissuade or disable an attacker
- How to execute basic takedowns and fight while on the ground
…and much more!
- What should I wear? Just wear comfortable clothes and if you can remember please bring a heavier-weight sweatshirt.
- Am I too old to learn self-defense? No. Anyone at any age can learn self-defense. Our students in the seminars range in age from 12 up into their 60s.
- Will I get hurt? Although we will be training for real-life scenarios and learning fundamental protection techniques - the curriculum structure, practice procedures, and instruction manner all ensure safety first.
- How long is the Seminar & what is the cost? The Self-Defense Seminar is two hours long and it costs $40.
- When are the Seminars taught? The seminars are held on Sunday evenings from 5:00 - 7:00 pm. And, are scheduled every month.
- Do you offer any other self-protection training for women? We teach individual self-defense lessons, do special classes for businesses & groups, and have ongoing weekly self-defense programs for those looking for even more in-depth training. If you have any questions about the Self-Defense Seminars or private instruction, please call the Academy at (734) 447-3000